While building a business, your mind can get so bogged down with the day-to-day. Some days you’ll feel like you’re constantly working in the business and not really working on the business. In order to keep growing, it’s vital to take the time to assess your vision and make sure short-term and long-term objectives are still viable and a strategy is mapped out to get there.
One of the best ways to do this is to assemble an all-star board of advisors. Friends and family are always great listeners but here are some suggestions on who else you should recruit to give sound and productive advice:
• A straight shooter, says it as they see it – clear and concise
• A leader in your field with a proven record and a successful business
• A lover of strategy, thinks in maps and plans
• A cost and pricing genius, thinks in revenue streams
• A people person, someone whose top priority and passion is customer service & satisfaction
• A brain stormer, someone who will continue to harvest and reap more ideas