As a small business owner, you cannot be everything to everybody; you will spread yourself too thin. Rather target a specific group of customers that you can satisfy. However, in order to reach a specific target market, you need to know who they are and how they will help shape your products and services.
- Who are your potential clients?
- Where will they come from?
- What industry are they in?
- Are they large or small businesses?
- What do you plan to sell to whom?
- Which will be your most profitable clients?
- What are their spending habits?
- Are they single or have families?
Be the big fish in a little pond. Know your market well and aim to offer more tailored business to earn
the loyalty and the repeat business of your niche clientele.