- You will not get a regular monthly salary – how much you make will depend on how good business is.
- You risk losing everything you have worked for – some of the most successful business owners have failed before. You can always make a comeback.
- Successful business owners have all failed at some time in their life. Failing is sometimes good for an entrepreneur, as long as they learn from the experience.
- Inexperience – you will have to learn a whole lot of new skills. You can fast track this by attending business courses and consulting a mentor or good business advisor.
- A change in lifestyle – you will be working long hours initially. As your business develops and you become more organised, your lifestyle improves dramatically.
- You can’t pass the buck – you are responsible for every decision you make in your business, good or bad. Bad decisions can cost a lot of money.
- You have to be a Jack or Jill of all trades initially. You have to understand a little about each section of your business.