1. Who are you and what business did you start?
Dawne Eisenberg, Pop! Toy and Party Services
2. Why did you start your own business?
Entrepreneurship is in my blood…
3. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
Operating a business that is so unique that there are no set of standard operating procedures.
4. What was the biggest mistake you made so far?
When we originally opened the company we tried to appeal to to large a market. It’s much better to find a niche.
5. If you could go back and change something, what would you do differently?
Manage a certain client’s expectations a little better.
6. Which has been your biggest achievement so far?
My business itself is a major achievement…my business partner and I took a $10,000 investment and over 4 years have turned it into a million dollar business employing 5 people full time and many others part time.
7. What’s the best advice you’ve been given so far?
Not to be afraid to grow.
8. What advice would you give a new business owner?
Just the basics…have a plan, know you market, have proper support in place (professional and financial)
9. Where did you go for business support and advice when you started up?
Many different people but my greatest mentor was my grandfather anf my greatest suppot was definitely my husband.
10. Which part of growing a business do you find most challenging?
Cashflow, cashflow and cashflow…