My name is Cheryl Hill and I started my own Home Candle Business with Scent-Sations Inc and the Mia Bella Candle
2. Why did you start your own business?
My number 1 reason was to be home with our girls. I didn’t want to teach full time and send them to daycare so I began my search and here I am today.
I also wanted financial freedom from my family.
3. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
I would have to say the confidence to “TALK” the business side of my company. I am comfortable talking “Candles” since everyone enjoys them, but it has taken me a bit to share the serious money that can be made.
4. What was the biggest mistake you made so far?
During the time that I was not comfortable talking to business minded people I found out that a online networking friend got started in the business under someone else, THAT WAS WILLING To talk the business side.
This was a HUGE learning time and wake up call for me, lets say I began to find the confidence to start talking business.
5. If you could go back and change something, what would you do differently?
I am not sure that I can think of anything that I would really change because I am a believer in learning from my mistakes and growing as a leader and business owner.
6. Which has been your biggest achievement so far?
Training and Speaking at our conventions. I enjoy sharing with other what is working and teaching them to succeed. Must be the teacher in me.
7. What’s the best advice you’ve been given so far?
When you know you are apart of a solid company with a great foundation, great goals, quality products and is moving forward then DON’T QUIT!
8. What advice would you give a new business owner?
Realize that you are not going to make a MILLION over night but be willing to learn, work smarter not harder and find a support system and YOU will be successful.
9. Where did you go for business support and advice when you started up?
I am apart of a business that already had the support and training in place. I have just been smart enough to tap into their knowledge and training. Support from leaders and the owners is outstanding!
10. Which part of growing a business do you find most challenging?
Having a business can have all sorts of Challenges but going through the ups and downs that it can bring can be a challenge for sure. Thanks to my support and mentors they have taught me to learn through the challenge and again NEVER QUIT, when you know you have a great thing!