- First and last name – Brent Moe
- Company name – MOPEX Essential
- Website address – http://www.mopexessential.com
Please describe exactly what your business does and your target market (ideal customer)
With over 17 years professional and technical experience in the healthcare industry, we at MOPEX Essential are poised to apply our unique experience to finding optimal solutions to the needs of hospitals and healthcare institutions. Our areas of focus include cost reduction, efficiency of operations, and effective project delivery, all aimed at enhancing patient care.
So whether your hospital or healthcare facility is involved in a new construction and require project management services during the project phases; or equipment planning services for the effective selection, procurement, installation, and commissioning of medical equipment; or consultation on developing and implementing an optimum model for your operations; or solutions to problems in any of these areas and more, MOPEX Essential is the healthcare solutions specialists of choice.
What makes your business different? What is that you do that makes your business unique?
MOPEX Essential is committed to helping you enhance patient care, save time and money, through the integration of clarity and proficiency at the operational and project interfaces with innovative solutions.
Why did you decide to start your own business? How did you get into your particular business? (i.e., saw a market need, discovered my passion, found a partner, etc.)
I have always been in healthcare. Straight from University my career started as a Biomedical Engineer and was part of a team involved in the phased commissioned of a newly constructed 72 – building Medical, Dental, and Veterinary Teaching Hospital Campus. From there I managed the life cycle of medical equipment at several major hospitals, coordinated numerous user group meetings, coordinated tenders and procurement activities, solved a major hospital crisis, developed and implemented cost reduction and safety-related policies, conducted many customized training for doctors, nurses, and laboratory personnel. Getting into my own business was a long – standing desire. The opportunity to do it came at this time.
- What’s the best part of being an entrepreneur? – Having the privilege and flexibility to chart your own course.
- What’s the worst part of being and entrepreneur? – The reality that what you get out of your business is a function of what you put into your business. (I don’t really have a worst part)
- How long have you been in business? – Since October 2007
- How did you raise the start-up cash? – Savings and a loan.
- Identify and discuss a few lessons you’ve learned as an entrepreneur? – I have learned a few lessons as an entrepreneur, but one stands out at the moment. “The litmus test that shows you truly believe that you can make a difference with what you do, is to take what you do, and do it yourself.” – © Brent Moe. I made this quote up myself – I hope you get what I mean.
What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur?
“The world is your market, and it is much more within your reach than ever before.” © Brent Moe – Here is another one.
- Briefly, what are your goals and plans for the future? – To expand my services to the Veterinary hospitals and clinics as well as take my business to the Caribbean.
Latest TweetsMy Tweets
- Business Owner of the Week
- Customer Service
- Employment Benefits
- Entrepreneur Q&A
- Green Business
- Guest Posts
- Small Biz Champions
- Small Biz Events
- Small Biz Tips
- Small Business Financing
- Small business news
- SmallBiz Apps
- Starting a Small Business
- Startup Stories