Name: Geraldine Mendoza
Business: Loon Agency
1. Why did you become an entrepreneur?
To prove that I can do it and realize my strengths
2. What’s the best part of being an entrepreneur…and the worst?
To be one’s Boss is both the best and the worst part having no fall back.
3. How long have you been in business?
A couple of years
4. Business description
Loon agency offers caregiver services. We have local / overseas nannies. We conduct interviews and do a background check to come up with a selection of the best caregivers and match them with Canadian Families. We serve Greater Toronto Area.
5. Why did you get into your particular business?
I have this strong passion to help others, who like me nurture this desire to work in a foreign land and dare to dream.
6. What’s unique about your business?
Loon Agency is the BEST in matching the needs of the employer with a good responsible caregiver. We provide best caregiver who will offer great service, who serves with love and care, who are responsible and reliable and develop a great relationship with their employers.
7. Identify and discuss TWO lessons you’ve learned as an entrepreneur?
I have learned that patience with the clients come first .Perseverance, second especially because this is a person to person type of service.
8. What advice – relevant to your lessons above – would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur?
Do research on your business, attend seminars and workshops to improve your business skills, talk to people about your business and maintain good relationships with your customers.
9. Briefly, what are your plans for the future?
I have big plans to expand in order to cover the provinces of Canada…
10. Any other information or advice you’d like to share?
One has to be updated with issues to be well informed, as there are new changes in caregiver services introduced, discussed and eventually implemented.