By paying attention to what’s happening in the world around them, savvy entrepreneurs recognize changes in the marketplace and move quickly to capitalize on them.
If you want to start your own business, consider cashing in on these hot marketplace trends:
- Personal helpers. Busy professionals or working families are willing to pay someone to run errands, go shopping and organize events like birthday parties or vacations. Consider offering a Personal Concierge or Personal Shopper service to save these people time and effort.
- Cooking parties. In-home event services are becoming quite popular and cooking and catering tops the list. People are hiring wine experts and mobile chefs to come into their homes to provide some tasty fun.
- Professional organizers. Whether it’s an overflowing clothes closet or stacks of files cluttering up a home office, professional organizers are in demand to help people straighten things up.
- Anything online. The number of people buying products and services online continues to skyrocket, so think about starting an Internet-based business. Use your website to connect buyers and vendors online, sell very specialized goods (from medical clothing to protein pet cookies) or to present unique information visitors can’t find anywhere else.
You can learn more about hot business trends and the best businesses to start in the free BizLaunch Seminar called How to Create Your Million $ Idea. It runs Wed. Feb. 27 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in Metro Hall, Room 302, 55 John St. (at King) in downtown Toronto.
– Startup Expert Roger Pierce advises new entrepreneurs at www.BizLaunch.ca